Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Ghost Rescue

Aye, I see you standing there –
But tell me – what can I do?
You cannot see me, it seems;
But I can see you.

What agony it is for me –
Wondering what you are to do;
Spinning in a constant wind –
Staying here – looking for you.

I make a loud crashing noise –
You scream and wince in fear;
I want to tell you not to be afraid –
But my words you cannot hear.

Time keeps moving along -
New faces are all around;
Again, I ask, with no replies;
And, still, I have not found.

For mercy, I pray – Set me free!
And then, like a cloud of light –
The help I so long had sought –
A light in the room – so bright.

What an answer I get indeed!
An angel, it seems, is sent –
Finally, someone can hear me!
Tell me how to repent!

Where, do tell, has my love gone?
Where is it that she awaits?
Here, I’ve waited, ever so long-
I am ready for my fate!


Copyright Beth Layne 2008

No comments: