Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Beyond Ability


Underneath the wince, the emotion I notice -
I read not your expression; the energy is clear;
An observation at the deepest level, but still -
Only an observation - emotion does not appear.

This, a way of being, seen by others abstract -
The knowing, and wanting to know possesses;
Few, though seem to see it as it really is -
Blessed souls now here to lead the masses.

And wrong, I am, for this only reason -
The common intellect does not understand;
So lost instead of rising to the place need be -
Lost indeed in this foreign gypsy land.

I long for naught, though constantly desire -
The expression beneath the very veil;
The reasons set way beyond the here I am -
Presently building from beneath the shell.

Wait, or wander, collecting as I go -
The muse from the box let go deep within;
Aiming for the galaxy center of existence -
There - where none ever pretend.

4 comments:

gretchen cello said...

Excellent writing. I bet more people relate to this than we might first think. Namaste.

George W said...

A very cogent poem of the surfaces where we wince and jerk and spasm through this thing called living ... and the spirtual depths where there is no hiding.

Your last stanza summarizes it so nicely with:

"Wait, or wander, collecting as I go -/
"The muse from the box let go deep within;/
"Aiming for the galaxy center of existence- /
"There - where none ever pretend."

George W said...

I liked this poem very much. I regret that my previous comment, which I spent a lot of time crafting to make sure my thought matched my feeling, vanished when I clicked "publish". You'll just have to accept my apology, I'm afraid, and know that your poem indeed moved me.

Beth Layne said...

Thank you, George, for your beautiful comments. It seems your first comment was just awaiting approval. I am so happy you enjoyed the poem, and grateful for you feedback.